Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Year New Recipe

We're slowly getting back into routine. Last week was school and church; this week dance.

I'm trying to get cooking at home back into routine. For the new year we have been trying to limit processed food. We typically have a crockpot meal on Mondays, but Craig treated us to dinner. He fixed a BBQ brisket, green beans and macaroni and cheese. So I figured I return the favor, we tried something new... Parmesan Chicken Meatballs and a big salad topped with my new favorite Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing!

The girls loved them with a side of leftover macaroni and cheese and we enjoyed something different and healthy.... this was my first time cooking with ground chicken. I adapted this from a recipe I found on Pinterest. 

Parmesan Chicken Meatballs

2 lbs ground chicken
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
1 t. Garlic Powder
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 egg
Pizza Sauce
Olive Oil

Mix chicken,parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, egg and half mozzarella cheese. Roll into golf ball size meatballs. Mix 1/4 cup pizza sauce and 3 tbl olive oil and brush over each meatball. Cook 15 mins on 400°. Remove and top with a teaspoon of pizza sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and turn to low broil for 5 minutes.

Other recipes I've seen include onions, bell pepper,  parsley, etc. I'm sure any combination would be an improvement, but I tried to keep it simple. - Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Sounds like a tasty recipe! I didn't know you blogged --- fun surprise finding you : )

Kim said...

Those sound delicious!